Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mother's Day

Oh Mother's Day we decided to go to Featherdale Wildlife Park

It was lovely that Helen joined us (Murray is away for work)


It was fun to feed the kangaroos!

A beautiful Galah - we get these on our yard all the time - so pretty


And an albino kookaburra - interesting!
We LOVE that you can get up close with the koalas!

We all want a bit please!!!

Hanging with the Aussie animals

cute :)
The farmyard was fun too - pigs, goats, chickens, etc.

Hey bird - do you like my feather?

Well it's mine!

Later we went for lunch at the Outback Steakhouse. I had to laugh at how American the place & menu was - considering it's meant to be an 'Aussie' streakhouse!

Genna loved the coloring sheet

THIS is the reason I wanted to go there - the blooming onion. OMG it was AMAZING - I just about ate myself sick eating this before the main meal even came!!
We asked for one scoop of ice cream for Genevieve - she was thrilled when this giant ball of ice cream came out!!


WOW!

Now, where to start???



It was a lovely day, topped off by the gorgeous flowers Dadda (and Genevieve :) sent me. The three of us went out to lunch for an early Mother's Day last week, but it was fun to go out on the actual day too - we had a blast with Aunty Helen :)

Also a VERY Happy Mother's Day to my Mom (Grandma), Murray's Mom (Nanna), Gigi Sis & Sally and all other Mother's we know - love you all!

4 comments:

  1. You have the best Zoo in the world and I can see Genevieve loves the birds and animals. To top it off with Blooming Onion and Ice Cream makes the day perfect. Our Outback serves the onion but never that much Ice Cream-must be you three gorgeous girls. Love GiGi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you and glad that your Mother's Day was celebrated! Enjoy your ladies tea this weekend and hope the children have a great time,too!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay... to prove even MORE how incredibly smart Genna is... if you look closely at that last, bottom photo - she has carved the Man in the Moon into her ice cream!! Genius!
    Love you,
    G.A. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I just enjoyed your blog at your Mom's machine this very rainy , cloudy day. Maybe it will bring up the 2 ft. water deficit on their lake. I hear you and Helen are giving a tea party today since Murray is still in San Diego. We sure enjoy your blogs but when Joni forwards it to me, only half of them come up. Weird but I have a mickey mouse machine. I slept in your bed last nite. Can hardly wait to see you 3. Lotsa luv---Gma Sally

    ReplyDelete