Sunday, February 14, 2010

Week 20

*How far along?: 20 weeks

*Total weight gain: 4.5 kilos - which is about 10 pounds

*How big is baby?: Sparky is now the size of a cantaloupe (rock melon)



Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies respond best to tastes they've already had via amniotic fluid.

*Maternity clothes?: Yes of course, belly seems to be expanding by the day. I'm glad I'm still not too big to wear my own t-shirts though, well - the ones that have some stretchiness to them.

*Sleep?: Weird dreams continue - I will give you an example of my weirdest dream this week. I dreamt that Murray & I were renewing our vows. For the ceremony I was wearing a purple mini skirt & purple top and had a wedding dress over it that snapped in the front (I remember thinking in the dream - ewww Monique - awful outfit)! Anyhow, so I look back into the audience & our friends Heather & Jason are there - and I thought - oh isn't that nice that they came! I noticed Heather brought her friend Brittney Spears (ha ha) and Brittney brought her sister Jamie Lynn and Jamie's date is Brian Austin Green (from 90210). But then, rudely, Jamie Lynn & Brian got up & left early, leaving in a motor boat. Then I woke up - going huh????????

*Best moment this week?: Getting our new pram (or as I would call it, stroller)!!! We were worried maybe it was a bit too soon for such a big purchase, but then some of the pieces weren't in stock & had to be ordered - up to 12 weeks for them to come!! So I'm glad we DID order!

We got a Mountain Buggy 'Urban Jungle' in the color 'Chilli'




We also got the bassinet so Sparky can face us for the first 6 months! (it's also just a nice bassinet!). I love that the seat or bassinet snaps off the frame easily - gives you lots of options!

Oh and another highlight this week was the 'Preparing for Parental Leave' course that work sent me on. I got to spend the day with 15 other pregnant ladies & learn about how to negotiate your leave, and how to balance your baby & work when you come back, how day care works here - all the options & what to ask when you interview them, and what government benefits are available. It was VERY interesting, and I started the day with a ferry ride & a Starbucks chai - fantastic day!

*Movement?: Yup - every day now - so nice & reassuring!

*Food cravings?: Nothing new

*Labor signs?: too soon for that!

*Belly button in or out?: Innie

*What I miss: Fitting in my summer shorts - it has been HOT and humid lately! But my stretchy maternity skirt is the next best thing I guess, it's just a bit long for a HOT day!

*What I'm looking forward to: I'm looking forward to more regular movement so Murray can feel it more than once & awhile.

*Milestone: Reaching the half way mark!!! 20 weeks is half way to the average gestation of 40 weeks!

6 comments:

  1. Hi sweetie! So are you on those horse pills for vitamins? And are your hair and nails consequently healthier than ever?? I remember craving frozen raspberries with Jolie and SweetTarts with Trevor. And chocolate milk (could never get enough) with both!!
    Miss you two (three)!
    Love,
    Aunt Jani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea the vitamins aren't too bad:) I'm used to them now as I was taking them since before getting pregnant. Nails are growing like CRAZY!!! Not too many cravings really - other than I like fresh fruit a lot more than I used to.
    Love ya too Jani - thanks for the comment:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, congratulations guys... it's been a while since I read your blog so wonderful news to read about Sparky, how exciting for you both!! Monique you look so cute with your baby bump :o) Mark and I are coming to Sydney at the end of March - we would love to catch up if you are going to be around? It would be so nice to finally meet up since we have managed to keep missing you the last few years!!
    Claire & Mark (aka boof!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Claire & Mark!!!!!! So great to hear from you - yea let's definitely catch up - it's been WAY too long!! Are you guys on facebook? Or email me on muzandmo@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Claire - I blame pregnancy brain - I meant muzandmotravel@yahoo.com
    anyhow, will write to you on facebook:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahaha! That's too funny! I'll be sure to have a word with Brittney on her manners :-)

    ReplyDelete