Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Week 40

Dear Genevieve,
This week you turned 40 weeks old!
You are still really enjoying standing and walking around your stroller when we are out

This has been a tough week for you, you got your first virus and another cold, which has meant a lot of days at home recovering.

But luckily before you got sick we had some gorgeous days outside for you to play!


Cuddles

You have started 'sharing' your food this week - giving me a taste, laughing and then taking a bite yourself - so cute

A few new game we started recently - 'flying' on my legs - you LOVE it!

You have really memorized our apartment now and you know how to get around all the furniture to get where you want to go!




The only way I can get you to lay down on k-bear now
is to give you a rice cracker to distract you - whatever works!

You also had some friends over to play this week - you and Chloe had fun playing piano!

What do you want? We were playing!

Cute girls

Genna getting a cuddle from Lindsay

I sure do :)



We are practicing walking a lot lately - when I hold your hand you just start moving your feet!



Our new fun game - you chase me around the house!


And more crawling....

You LOVE to stand at the outside of your jumper and play with the toys too - super fun - and good standing practice!

You love to shake these blocks lately - a fun game!

Even though it was a tough week with your sickness, I did enjoy all the calm cuddles on the sofa with you and a few relaxing days inside. The night you had a high fever and only wanted to sleep in my arms I couldn't be upset - it was lovely that you just wanted to be with me, worth not sleeping for a night to give you some loving cuddles :)

Also one new thing you figured out this week was how to open the covers on creams/bottles/etc. This has led to a lot of trouble making - I have found you a few times with the nappy (diaper cream) tube with the cover off and cream all over your hands. Thus we have had to move everything out of reach now!!

Lots of Love,
Mama

4 comments:

  1. I love, love, LOVE the baby blue jeans!! And the new game of chasing Mom is hysterical!! Jolie was in the other room while I was watching the videos and yells out, "Is that Genna I hear?!!" Too cute!
    Love,
    Great Auntie Jani
    P.S. Mo, you look FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Urgh - it's that transitional time of year again when it's not quite summer and not quite autumn and all the germs want to attack! Hope she's feeling better. These videos are just SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Gma Sis and I have been watching the videos all morning and playing hooky from work!!! Well worth it! Sooooo much fun!!
    Love you,
    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  4. I expect that the next time we see Genevieve, she will probably be walking the way she is doing now! We miss you; hope you are having a healthier and calmer week.
    Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete