Monday, April 19, 2010

Week 29

*How far along?: 29 Weeks


*Total weight gain: 9.4 kilos which is about 20 pounds


*How big is baby?: Sparky is the the size of a sqaush

Baby's energy is surging, thanks to white fat depositing beneath his skin. And since he's growing so fast (weight will triple by birth), things are getting kind of cramped in the womb. What all this means for you: Get ready for some more kicks and jabs to the ribs.


*Maternity clothes?: Yes, less & less is fitting now - so my poor pregnancy shirts are getting washed like crazy!


*Sleep?: No improvement there, still not great. But, my pillow fort has officially grown by one this week after Selina gave me a fabulous soft little pillow that is great for flattening under the bump for a bit of support!


*Best moment this week? Watching one of my favorite 80s movies (She's Having a Baby) and feeling Sparky moving around while watching it. It was so bizarre because I have watched that movie a million times.... but it was just SO different this time..... Gosh I love that movie.


*Movement?: Lots! This week Sparky has started pushing his (head or bum?) out regularly right by my belly button. You can see it bulge out and when you feel it it's hard - I think bum - but I'm not sure.... He is kicking and moving and rolling around like crazy now - to the point where it can sometimes be a bit uncomfortable cause he just doesn't have much space in there! I love it though:) Just this week I have started to feel movements like a fist or foot pushing along half of my belly as well (rather than just a kick). Murray thinks he felt a leg last night too! Around 8:30 every morning when he starts moving it's nice to say 'Good Morning Sparky!' :)


*Food cravings?: Nothing new really. I have given in to Mexican cravings lately with friends a few times which is always fun (and yummy)! Also went for a Thai dinner with Megan & Laura which was fab - really hit the spot! Sparky likes the spice as much as me I think!


*Labor signs?: Too early for that


*Belly button in or out?: Still very much a flattie


*What I miss: Walking up stairs without getting out of breath


*What I'm looking forward to: My doctor appointment tomorrow - looking forward to hearing Sparky's heartbeat again.


*Milestone: As of this week I'm officially in the 7th month - exciting! Gosh how time has flown....


*Feelings this week: Hmmm I dunno. I just feel good. I feel like the nursery is starting to come together (we haven't set it up yet, but we have the furniture and I have started looking for what else we need to buy & measuring stuff, etc.). Also I'm so so happy we bought that chair, it's SO comfy!!


It is officially autumn here, but has been 25c (80f) during the day lately - I'm loving these cool nights (it does help with sleeping...) but it's nice to still be able to go to the beach during the day on the weekend, even though we are well on our way to winter! Can't beat Sydney weather:)


**Also - CONGRATS to Mike & Beth on the birth of Blake Michael last week - we are so happy for you guys:) (note - I guess I did actually say this last week too - but oh well - nice to say it twice - I blame baby brain!!)

3 comments:

  1. So do you s'pose Sparky is practicing snow boarding, wake boarding, or slalom skiing?!
    ~Joni

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look adorable as always :) And how are you in your seventh month already?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, it is nice to have Blake home and in my arms instead of my belly! You are looking pretty cute!

    ReplyDelete