Sunday, May 30, 2010

Week 35

*How far along?: Week 35


*Total weight gain: 12.4 kilos which is about 27 pounds


*How big is baby?: Sparky is the the size of a honeydew (Week 3 of Month 8)


Fat has continued to build up under your baby's skin, and is responsible for providing energy and regulating body temperature. These fat deposits have also changed the appearance of the skin, making it pinker (rather than red) and less wrinkled. Fingernails are developed on the fingers, but may still be growing on the toes. Eyelids can be opened and closed and blinking is possible. The irises are also now light sensitive, and will dilate and contract depending on exposure to light.


*Maternity clothes?: Yup - these longer maternity shirts are coming in might handy, as the belly continues to expand outwards the shirts get shorter & shorter


*Sleep?: Not great lately because the weather has warmed back up. Winter duvet + fall weather = too hot (in the 60s even at night)!! I think I need to just wrap myself in a light blanket instead - shame that duvet is SOOOOO comfy! This warm early winter weather has been lovely though!

*Best moment this week? Celebrating our 5th Wedding Anniversary and also celebrated 35/35 - 35 weeks pregnant with 35 days to go until my due date!!



*Movement?: Getting stronger & stronger - we have now decided that the bit that keeps poking out by my belly button is probably a knee - and WOW can it pop out!



*Food cravings?: Nothing in particular




*Labor signs?: Too soon for that!





*Belly button in or out?: still a flattie



*What I miss: Hmmm nothing really - all is well :)



*What I'm looking forward to: Changing to weekly doctor appointments this upcoming week! (they were every 2 weeks up to now) - makes it all feel SO real - that Sparky will be on his/her way to meet us soon!



*Milestone: 35/35 - I think it's a cool milestone:) And 35 days sounds like SO much less than when I say 5 weeks - eeeeeek!



*Feelings this week:
Nesting is in full force now:
*dresser purchased - cleaned and paper put in drawers for lovely new baby clothes to lay on
*the mattress is in - the mattress protector & sheets have been washed and are on - with a spare in the dresser (just a simple white)- I love them, so soft & pretty. I also picked up the gorgeous pink/blue sheets that we'll use when the weather warms up (depending on whether Sparky is a boy or girl!)
*baby bath towels/robes/etc. washed & in drawers ready to go
*bag for hospital nearly completely packed
*and I have started washing baby clothing....... I do find the sizes here confusing though.

size 0000 - New Born - Up to 4kg
size 000 - Up to 3 Months - 4kg-6kg
size 00 - Up to 6 Months - 6kg-8kg
size 0 - Up to 9 Months - 8kg to 10kg
size 1 - Up to 12 Months - 10kg - 11kg

Of course the length of the baby is a factor as well - so confusing! But anyhow, I washed all the smallest clothing first, will move onto 000 tonight!


* Only 9 guesses so far - and none from this side of the pond - come on people!! :) I promise the winner a prize..... perhaps a nice printed photo of Sparky?

*Just click on 'enter a guess'

4 comments:

  1. Those little clothes hanging are too cute! And you still look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I made my guess... and I thought WAY too long about it. I did it just so you would have a guess from this side of the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mo - looking great!! V excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great, I made my guess, best of luck over the coming weeks.

    ReplyDelete