Tuesday, June 22, 2010

38 Weeks

*How far along?: 38 Weeks


*Total weight gain: 14.9 kilos which is about 33 pounds


*How big is baby?: Sparky is the size of a watermelon (Week 2 of Month 9)
The last bits of vernix caseosa (the white goo keeping the baby's skin moist) and lanugo (downy hair) are slowly shedding into your amniotic fluid. Baby's head is about the same circumference as her abdomen, and her head could be covered in an inch or so of hair.



*Maternity clothes?: I have now officially entered the 'only sweatpants are comfortable' stage. I went and bought another pair yesterday so I have 2 I can alternate and oh they are nice! I can't wear my tights & comfy skirt every day - so YAY for comfy trousers. My maternity jeans & work trousers have officially been retired now - way too too tight!!



*Sleep?: Still good most nights. I guess I'm lucky that I only have to get up once in the night. Sparky is getting so big/heavy now that he totally shifts in the bump to whatever side I sleep on, looks totally bizarre when I get up to have a side bump!


*Best moment this week? Finishing up work!! They gave me a lovely sendoff with TONS of lovely food, a nice speech from my boss thanking me for my work and hoping I will come back (I will, next year), and they gave me lots of gorgeous pressies for sparky!! Such a lovely surprise. And now I feel very lucky that I will have a year to spend with Sparky :) But until he/she arrives - my to do list and afternoon naps are on the agenda!



*Movement?: Very regular still. At this point I'm supposed to be making sure Sparky moves at least 10 times a day, or call the hospital. But that has never been a problem, he moves that much just in the morning - and at least 2-3 times more during the day he wiggles around for awhile. Makes me feel relieved every day that all is well in there:)



*Food cravings?: Nothing in particular. I still like a little piece of chocolate every day, but my appetite isn't quite as crazy as it has been in the past few weeks.



*Labor signs?: Nothing yet



*Belly button in or out?: Starting to bulge a bit now - nooooooooooooo - I'm so close!



*What I miss: Smoked salmon, sushi & brie :) Starting to think about things I can have soon - not that I missed them a ton while pregnant, but still looking forward to having a bit!



*What I'm looking forward to: My doctor's appointment this week - hoping to find out if there's any progress yet! (although I'd like at least another week before Sparky arrives please!)



*Milestone: Going onto maternity leave. SO bizarre, as I was 'leaving' but not 'quitting' - just the weirdest feeling. I'm now on my second day at home and I still feel like I need to call in sick or something! I am glad to be home though, last week was exhausting, by early afternoon I really do need to at least just lie down. My friends dvds are getting a good workout!



*Feelings this week:
** On my first day of maternity leave I got the car seat 'capsule' installed

Weird looking isn't it? It's meant to be THE safest thing for a baby up to 6 months though:)

Driving home with an empty car seat made it all feel SOOOOOOOOOO real - oh my gosh - there will be a baby in there soon!!!!

Also we finished the nursery this weekend - whoooo hooooo!!! The final piece was the photos Murray took that we had framed - the fox, the deer & the squirrel.

All clothing is now washed & ready to go too - very exiting.

I bought pink & blue changing pad covers and have left instructions for Murray on how to wash the correct one for Sparky while I'm in the hospital - the color we don't need will be returned (thus why they are still new in their wrapping).

K-Bear taking it easy on my super duper comfy glider. Also we are happy with the touch lamp we found for the table!!



* Thanks for the guesses everyone - will be fun to see who guesses the closest in the end!

*Just click on 'enter a guess'

3 comments:

  1. I have never seen a car seat like that; it looks almost spaceage. Glad that you are having a few days to yourself to just relax and do some fun things before the baby is born. I love the photos of baby animals that Murray took; they are precious. Counting down the days until we are Grandpa and Grandma.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful photos for your nursery. Lucky bub!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck guys! Keep us posted, we are so excited for you both! Wish we were closer but I'm sure we'll get there in the next few years ;) Jen and Mike

    ReplyDelete