Monday, June 28, 2010

39 Weeks

*How far along?: 39 Weeks


*Total weight gain: 15.3 kilos which is about 34 pounds


*How big is baby?: Sparky is the size of a watermelon (Week 3 of Month 9)
Baby's brain is still developing rapidly, and his skin has taken on a paler shade thanks to a thicker layer of fat around the blood vessels. (Don't worry; he'll change color again soon after birth.) He's now able to flex his limbs, and his nails might extend past his fingertips.



*Maternity clothes?: Ahhh it's nice to be off work and just wear comfy clothing every day:)



*Sleep?: Getting more and more uncomfortable as the bump is just SO heavy! A full pillow wedged for support does seem to help though. Weird dreams have come back in just the last day or 2 as well - weird.....


*Best moment this week? It was a very nice week, I got a lot of my 'to do' list done, and got to caught up with two friends and their cute kids.



*Movement?: Yup - still lots of movement every day. This is a good sign, especially now as we near the end, as it means everything should be ok in there.



*Food cravings?: Hmmmm I still need a little chocolate each day, but no cravings in particular really. I did indulge in a few Chai latte's this week though - lovely!



*Labor signs?: Nothing yet...... trying to go on long walks each day and adding lots of spice to my meals. Hopefully something will happen soon - I'm ready now (well, as ready as I'm gonna be)!



*Belly button in or out?: Fairly flat still - but SO stretched!



*What I miss: Nothing really - well, maybe looking down and seeing my feet:) But I don't mind not being able to properly reach them - great excuse for a pedicure!!



*What I'm looking forward to: My doctor's appointment this week - hoping to find out if there's any progress yet!



*Milestone: Well, I finally 100% finished packing my hospital bags - and they are in the car ready to go. Exciting.



*Feelings this week:


* Thanks for the guesses everyone - will be fun to see who guesses the closest in the end!

*Just click on 'enter a guess'

1 comment:

  1. Grandma Sally says to go for rides on bumpy roads and that will help - it's what they did way-back-when!!! We are oh so looking forward to finding out who the newest family member is!!! Good luck - praying for you! Love you ~Joni

    ReplyDelete