Monday, June 7, 2010

Week 36

*How far along?: 36 Weeks


*Total weight gain: 13.4 kilos which is about 29 pounds


*How big is baby?: Sparky is the size of a honeydew (Week 4 - last week of Month 8)



Your baby is now in normal proportions. Up until about 36 weeks their head size is larger than their belly size, but by 36 weeks this equalises and from now on, their belly size is larger than their head. At 36 to 37 weeks your baby's lungs are fully mature.

*Maternity clothes?: Yes of course - now that my autumn jacket is out it's interesting just trying to get ONE button done up so my coat stays on:)


*Sleep?: Pretty good - knock on wood. Although I do find it harder to breathe when I lay down now, an extra pillow under my head helps give my lungs a bit more room and saves Murray from hearing me snoring all night long. Sparky doesn't like me to sleep later than 7am either, which is my normal week day time to get up. Saturday morning he was having a little dance party at 7, so I gave up on trying to sleep and in and just got up to start my day:) I do feel Sparky getting heavier though, it is an effort to turn over - just feels like a huge weight on my front now, I swear I can almost feel him shifting from side to side as I roll over!

*Best moment this week? No particular moment - but I do love all the movement! Although a highlight of the week was going to the hospital to see Cassie & Hamish's new baby Lennox. SO exciting to think our little one will be an 'outside baby' soon too! He was a bit heavy to hold though since I had to rest him on my bump to be comfortable - Sparky didn't like that at all!



*Movement?: Still lots & lots - seems like more every day.





*Food cravings?: Nothing in particular






*Labor signs?: Too soon for that!







*Belly button in or out?: still a flattie - but on the verge of popping out some days if I eat a lot - eeeeeeeeek



*What I miss: Hmmm nothing really - all is well :)



*What I'm looking forward to: Sparky being considered officially 'full term' on Thursday (37-42 weeks is full term - because all they do in this last month is put on weight!).



*Milestone: Last month of month 8 - WOW - time has flown!



*Feelings this week:
**Our diaper bag arrived this week - hooray! Going to get it packed up and ready for the hospital now - it is the brand petunia pickle bottom and I loooooooooooooove it!

**I'm just about done doing all the washing - this week I did the 000 clothing, just a few more blankets, etc. left to clean! We love these cute booties with rattles in them that I bought awhile ago at the Mosman markets!





* LOTS of guesses now - FUN - thanks everyone for playing:) I will enter mine now too - although I preface by saying this is a guess, not a preference (of course:)

*Just click on 'enter a guess'

No comments:

Post a Comment