Tuesday, January 17, 2012

18 Months

It has been busy busy around these parts - Murray powerwashed like crazy and got the bricks at the side of the pool to look amazing!

WOW - look at that mold! The power washing really makes a HUGE difference!

This is what happens when you decide to power wash in sandals though - ouch - that's some strong water!

You are my big helper! You LOVE to do what I'm doing - so after I finished sweeping one day, you took over!

One of the words you are really good at saying is tv - ha ha! You run in sometimes and sit on your little sofa and point at it while saying 'tv, tv.' We don't let you watch it often, but now and then its a nice treat to watch the wiggles dance around a bit :) And Dada is the ONLY person you will allow to do this - you won't let me anywhere near your seat! You are SUCH a Daddy's girl lately. You talk about him ALL day and when he comes home you run to him yelling DADA with a huge smile on your face!

We did a big shop at ikea because it was time to get your toys organized - shop shop shopping lady

I think you were pretty happy with the result :)

with some of your favorite friends - Elmo, Puppy & Baba

You also figured out last week how to pull your toys on a string - this puppy is your favorite thing to pull

You also have started wanting to wear your 'bag' (backpack) on the way to the car as we head to daycare and on the walk back to the car when I pick you up

too cute - the perfect fit

You are settling in really well at your new daycare. Its small and you really like the ladies who take care of you and you ESPECIALLY love the cubby house and the bikes - they say you are in and out of that house all day! One thing they do there that's new for you too is eating at a little table and sitting on a chair (you ate in a highchair at the previous place). So some evenings you choose to eat dinner at your own little table at home too!

But sometimes its just more fun to push your chair around!!

You are just developing like crazy lately. Your comprehension is amazing. I can ask you just about anything now and you know what I'm saying. Tonight you saw my glass of water and pointed at it while saying water. So I gave you a sip, then you pushed at me saying 'mama' so I took a drink, then you took another and gave me a big wet sloppy kiss! Ha ha - too cute.

So just for fun - let me see if I can list how many words you say - without prompting (I can't count all the ones you understand but don't say yet - there are TONS of those!)

car (your new word this week - you yell it every time you see a car now)
cookie (also a new word this week)
butterfly
heart
teddy
bunny
baba
mama
dada
tv
more
no
milk
water
feet
eyes
shoes
monkey
dog (also known as a woof woof)
cow
sheep (also known as baaaa)
pool
outside
hot
toast
pasta
peas
nana
cheese
thank you
please
seat
book
up
elmo
roo (for kangaroo)
bag
bath
hello
bye bye
mite (vegemite)

That's all I can think of right now - although I'm sure there are more. So that's about40+?
My smart little monkey :)

2 comments:

  1. GREAT blog today!! Thanks!!! Adorable backpack photo and boy does Genna love the new organizers... what a fantastic smile!!
    OUCH on the powerwashed foot!!
    #38 = "Marky"!!!!?
    Love you guys,
    Aunt Joni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the daycare is going smoothly; such an important part of Genna's day. The vocabulary growth is just amazing. Shows how smart she is. Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete