Sunday, March 7, 2010

Week 23

*How far along?: 23 weeks

*Total weight gain: 5.5 kilos - which is about 12 pounds

*How big is baby?: Sparky is (still) the size of a papaya
Baby's little face is fully formed...minus the baby fat, of course. The next task at hand for baby: sprouting two teeny-tiny nipples! He has also started blinking his eyelids!

*Maternity clothes?: I found maternity jeans this week YAY!!! It's certainly not cold yet, but I know I'll need them on the weekends as autumn progresses.

*Sleep?: Uncomfortable

*Best moment this week?: Hearing Sparky's heartbeat at my ob appointment.

*Movement?: Lots!

*Food cravings?: Just food in general - I have been SO hungry - eating like crazy! Although I did buy a little bag of mini Reece's peanut butter cups for my b-day and OMG they are good.

*Labor signs?: too soon for that!

*Belly button in or out?: Innie - but getting flatter by the day - eeeeek!

*What I miss: nothing

*What I'm looking forward to: I'm looking forward to dressing up for Cameron & Nicole's wedding next month! That'll be fun:)

*Milestone:
1. Well this was really last week - but thanks to Helen's help Sparky is now down on waiting lists for a couple of the best day cares in the area where we live. We don't need day care until July 2011, but some of the places already have 3 year waiting lists!!!! So we went and visited a bunch of places & now I know which ones to definitely strike off the list and which ones to harass periodically about making sure Sparky stays on the list because they are SO fantastic!

2. Also this was the first week I got sick. Let's just call it the popcorn hot dog incident. We went to the movies, I ate a lot of popcorn, I had 1 bite of hotdog and this all equaled a night of being very sick - not nice. Lesson learnt - I am now off both popcorn & of course hotdogs (ewww I don't eat those anyway - I was just hungry and it smelled nice, I claim temporary insanity) for the rest of this pregnancy. I eat really healthy - but I think it was just a reminder that I need to not slack even once & awhile!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Monique! Hope you have an awesome day. You are looking lovely - a true glowing mum to be! Much love Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Monique! This is your last birthday before your life changes as know one could ever describe, until it happens to you... being a "mommy"! May this be the best year of your life.
    Love, Sue Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Monique,
    It was great talking to you and seeing you on Skype for your birthday. Only thing better would have been being with you! We're saving our frequent flier miles for when you need us. Glad to hear that all is continuing to go well. Your blog is so thorough. Stay healthy and happy. XXOO Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete