Sunday, March 28, 2010

Week 26

*How far along?: 26 Weeks



*Total weight gain: 7.5 kilos - which is about 16.5 pounds



*How big is baby?: Sparky is the (still) the size of an Eggplant

Your baby has put on quite a bit of weight by week 26 and is now a whopping 1.7 pounds. Your baby's total length is about 14 inches. Your baby is now starting to add a little fat to her bones, though she won't start accumulating too much fat until the last few weeks of pregnancy.


*Maternity clothes?: My original maternity clothes are getting more snug as the belly pops out further & further! I'm thinking I may put all my work dress shirts into our spare room for awhile as they won't fit/be needed for awhile now!


*Sleep?: Well it's time for me to finally say it - sleep is not longer working out well for me. I wake up at least a few times a night, usually because I have rolled onto my back and my body wakes me up so I will roll back onto my side. It's funny because I have always been a side sleeper, but I think it's because I can't angle my legs up as much as I used to to get comfortable because the bump is in the way. I did finally go to Target this weekend and got a maternity pillow that fits between my knees and gives the bump a bit of support and that seems to be helping. I'm still waking up - but only once or twice, rather that 4-5 times. I need to sort out my pillow fort so that I stop waking up - I'd like to enjoy my sleep for a few more months please!!!!



*Best moment this week? Having my maternity leave approved - last day 18 June!!



*Movement?: Lots of movement this week. It really is starting to feel like Sparky is running out of space. Rather than a kick or a poke here & there it's now more like 'kick, poke, roll' all within a few seconds - bizzare - but a lovely feeling:) We spent some time yesterday afternoon watching my belly, the pokes are getting SO strong now. Today in my morning meeting I saw my badge (that I wear around my neck on a lanyard) move when Sparky kicked it! ha ha. Somtimes his movement now feels like a giant rumble in my stomach - I'm imaging he is doing flips in there!

Saturday morning I had my glucose test (to test for gestational diabetes). They gave me a sugary drink that I had to down in 5 minutes (it really just tasted like Sprite to me, but granted I don't drink much soda - so sweet stuff is always too sweet for me). A minute or two after drinking it Sparky went CRAZY!!! WHOA sugar high - kicking, rolling, going nuts! He actually kicked me so hard I said 'ouch' out loud! Wow! An hour later they drew my blood to see if my body processed the sugar correctly, I'll find out the results at my ob appointment on Wednesday.


*Food cravings?: I was badly craving a burrito last week, so treated myself to a healthy one for lunch one day and ohhhhh was it lovely. I'm just loving eating in general - it's so nice not to have to worry about how many carbs I'm eating, I just try to order meals with tons of veggies in them and enjoy every bite!



*Labor signs?: too soon for that!



*Belly button in or out?: still flat! Murray says now he can now tell why it's called a belly Button - we can see 4 little spots now that it has popped out so flat - it really does look like a button!!



*What I miss: Sleeping through the night!



*What I'm looking forward to: I am looking forward to moving into my third trimester next week!! Also looking forward to hearing Sparky's heartbeat on Wednesday at my appointment!!



*Milestone: We reached the double digits this week until Sparky is due!!



*Feelings this week:

*On Friday I found out about my work bonus for the year (yay!), so I went a little crazy and bought the diaper (nappy) bag I had been looking at on an online sale. It was HUGELY on sale, and it's pretty, but it didn't tick ALL of my boxes.... so I had been 'just thinking' about it all week... On Friday I just decided to go for it. I can always get a wipeable bag later, this one is pretty - can be worn like a over the shoulder bag with it's long straps, or you can wear it like a handbag by shortening the straps, or you can clip it to your stoller with the 'stroller clips' (which I also ordered). It had a ton of internal pockets and a matching change pad that is tucked into the back of the bag. It's OH SO LOVELY and I'm so pleased I got it in an online outlet sale - YAY! Petunia Pickle Bottom makes SUCH lovely bags!!

This isn't my stroller (go mountain buggy!) but you get the idea.... I love the idea of hanging the bag from clips rather than hanging a long strap over the stroller handles!

Me at 26 weeks - saying goodbye to the second trimester! Wow time has really flown!!

1 comment:

  1. Okay... any company named "Petunia Pickle Bottom" has GOT to have wonderful stuff! LOVE the bag - and what an ingenious idea to have stroller clips!!
    You and Sparky look fantastic and oh so happy!
    Love ya, Joni

    ReplyDelete