Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Week 22 / Month 5

Dear Genevieve,
This week you turned 22 weeks (5 Months!) old!
I have to keep the blocks quite far away from you now

Or they become a huge distraction!

You are getting really good at grabbing things with your fingers! You are getting quite precise - reaching out for anything you can reach on your change table and you have even start grabbing the tabs on your nappy and undoing it just after I put it on!!

Here you are modeling the outfit I got from HR at work when I told them I was pregnant - it finally fits! Very cute :)

LONG girl!

This week was a HUGE milestone for you - you started solids!! We decided to start after a few nights of you waking up every 2-3 hours in the night wanting to eat. This photo is after your first taste of rice cereal - you liked it right away - I guess because it was so watered down with milk it had a nice familiar taste.

The first taste of apple didn't go quite so well - WHOA what IS this??? But the next meal I tried the apple you loved it :)

Daddy feeding you rice cereal / apple breakfast

By day 5 you could not WAIT for meals!

YAY rice cereal dinner - yumm yumm

Some of it in, some of it out

You love to grab the spoon and 'feed' yourself - it makes for a VERY messy meal though!!

Sometimes you like to finish a bite of food off by sucking it off your fingers - too cute :)

All finished - and ready for a wipe down

On day 8 we tried carrot for the first time

It was VERY messy - but I think in the end you did like the taste :)

I have been making your food from scratch using my steamer and food processor - I must say even I like the taste!

Big girl - WOW I can't believe you are already 5 months old............

Such an expressive fun little monkey you are.

You are sleeping much better now that you have started a bit of food and you are SUPER active all day. You love to kick while drinking and you get VERY distracted these days - I have to keep quiet so you will just concentrate on getting some milk in :) We have such fun - I love this age- you aren't quite mobile yet (well, you sort of crawl backwards, but you can't get far) and you love doing the 'plank' - going up on your hands and toes.

Love you lots,
Mama


Genevieve's first taste of food (rice cereal)


Genna's first taste of apple!

3 comments:

  1. I especially liked the bib Genevieve was wearing in this post! Glad that you had a great time at "Jersey Boys" and Dad and Genna had a good day, too.
    Love you, Grandma Debi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute!! I see Mommy is learning that feeding a pipsqueak is often a two handed job!! I can't wait until she combines eating the solid food with her talent for making that pppbbbbbtttttttt noise!! That will be a classic clip!!
    Love you!
    Great Aunt Jani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great clip, shows how bright she is and how she reacts to new tastes. I think she wants to feed herself! Just wait until she "spiits" back the food she will not eat. Do not force her to eat, just give her a taste and she will decide. She loves cereal that is the most important. Love you and love the baby. G. Gram

    ReplyDelete