Friday, May 1, 2009

TGIF

WOW what a long week - work was very very busy - I am still getting up to speed, but starting to understand enough to help out so that's good!

Although I have worked at the 'other' site at least?? 10 times? I have NEVER driven home. That first day, after getting confused by the exit signs, I ended up going through the harbour tunnel - which meant I just popped by to pick up Murray from work as well. From then on, every time I have had to work at the other site, I went and picked Murray up, the he drove home.

But tonight - I did it. I took the right exit - and it all went fine. I even stopped at the grocery store (thanks to Helen's directions over the phone!!!).

I know these do not sound like big things - nothing to talk about - but to me it is a BIG step. It means I am starting to figure out where things are and it means I am starting to feel more and more confident about driving on my own.

Anyhow, I meant to go to the gym tonight, even brought my bag of stuff, but then my throat was sore all day today...... and I just thought hmmm I don't want to get sick.

Since I didn't go to the gym I thought hmmm maybe I should clean tonight. But you know what - I'm tired - and I don't want to. So I will do it tomorrow!

So home it is - bring on the weekend - and fingers crossed for NICE weather!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Good for you. I bet driving on the other side of the road is really perplexing. Take care and stay healthy. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get what a huge deal it is that you drove home on your own! It all comes, step-by-step. I'm so happy for you, you are really making lots of progress in your transition! CONGRATULATIONS

    ReplyDelete