Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Week 26 - 6 Months

Dear Genevieve,
This week you turned 26 weeks old, and two days later you turned 6 months old!!
You have started rotating around in your crib which I always find amazing! One evening I went to tuck you in before I went to bed and I found you with your head at the foot of the bed!! You lift your legs in your sleep sack and when you bang them down on the mattress you slowly rotate. You totally freaked me out though because you had grabbed a blanket at the bottom of your crib with satin on it and pulled it over your face!! I grabbed them all out (you had a sleep sack on anyway for warmth) and by morning you were sleeping sideways in the crib with you feet sticking out of the slots :)

Now that you know how to sit you LOVE LOVE LOVE it! When you are tired of tummy time you start to look at me and make noises while pulling your head back as far as possible to tell me 'I want to sit up and play!'

You also are SO good at going down for naps and bedtime now. Once we put on your sleep sack you stick your left thumb in your mouth and snuggle your head in our shoulders while we sing you Rock a Bye Baby. When we lay you down in the crib you hold your arm out for your soft bunny (it's furry on one side and satin on the other - a nice narrow one for safe sleep) and then you roll over to your left side to cuddle it while falling to sleep. So so sweet

Another afternoon this week you cried out when you finished your nap and I went in to find you in the corner of the crib on your hands and knees yelling out for help! I guess you have figured out how to roll over in your sleep sack!

You have started rolling like crazy now. Every time I lay you down on your back you roll over to your tummy. Always to the right though, you find rolling to the left is harder, your arm gets stuck and you just rock on your side! We think this is indicating you'll be right handed!

The day before your 6 month birthday you started rolling over at night. You woke us up a number of times to say HELP ME I'm on my front and I can't get back, by crying out for us! I went in and flipped you back over to your back then you went straight back to sleep.

You also had two BIG milestones this week. One night you worked your way out of the wrap (which was really just a loose hand covering the past few weeks - but it comforted you) and now officially sleep without it!!! HOORAY! Also you were chewing on my finger a few days ago and I felt a sharp bit poking through - your first tooth!! You only let us get a look at it a few days later - sure enough - a little tooth poking through on the bottom. You haven't complained at all so if it hadn't been for you chewing on my finger I wouldn't have known!

At your official 6 month check you weighed in at 7.6 kilograms, about 17 pounds - just perfect :)

Gosh how time has flown - I just can't believe you are 6 months old already. We enjoy you SO SO much and love you to bits, we just can't imagine our lives without you.

Lots of Love,
Mama

2 comments:

  1. FIRST TOOTH!!! YAY!!! Congrats Big Girl!!
    And I LOVE how her hair is becoming so shiny - looks very soft too!
    Grandma Deb is really excited about coming over!
    Love you,
    ~Joni

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW - need a photo of the napping with thumb and bunny!!! :)
    ~Joni

    ReplyDelete