Friday, March 27, 2009

547 Days

It has been 547 days since I last stepped foot in an office. My last day of work in London was 28 September 2007 .....

Monday I start my new job - eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!

So in preparation, I filled out all the forms & the contract they sent me this week & returned it to the company. I also did my online induction today - which included such health & safety stunners like 'do not stand on your desk, it is dangerous' - also, 'do not run, walking is safer'
ah yes - will have to keep that in mind

SO I am nervous. It is a job that is different to what I have done before, but the good thing was I was honest about what I have and have not done, SO they have decided to hire me & train me up since I do have some relevant experience. This means quite a big learning curve for me - but I think I'm up for it!!!

Now - the big decisions - what shirt & what shoes to wear??? hmmmm

2 comments:

  1. Well, I guess you can rule out the running shoes! Good luck at the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm sure it will take a little time to get used to working again. How's Murray taken to the working life?
    I'm excited for you though. It seems like this job will be a great thing! Hope you enjoy your last non-working weekend :)

    ReplyDelete