Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Sick sick sick of interviewing....

I had yet another interview today (I have lost count of how many I have been on - mostly agencies - just a few clients like today). It went well, but then he asked me to take a test - to prove that I do know how to use the software that my resume claims I can use (I have never been asked to take a test before in a client interview!)

That was when I started to sweat, and my stomach turned. I said 'sure!' but then reminded him that -

1. I have never used this version of the software (I had heard it is quite different) but I HAD used the previous version, which was on my resume, for four years on a daily basis
2. I have been away from the office for 17 months, so I was bound to be a bit rusty

He took me over to the manager of the area I'd be working in, and she showed me how she uses the program to manage everyone - I asked a LOT of questions and made intelligent comments (the guy was listening in) to prove that I DO know what I am talking about.

Then she had me sit down and do a few things (it is SO different - I know how to do this, it's just the buttons are all completely different now and in different places) but anyhow, after a 2 minutes she said - 'That's fine - I can tell you understand what you are doing'

OH MY GOSH

Anyhow, one more important interview tomorrow.............. THEN something may actually happen! Now, must go wash my nice fancy shirt so I can wear it again tomorrow - but tomorrow I will break out the big guns - my fancy patent shoes & Murray's nice cufflinks (I can't seem to find mine?). Wish me luck!!!!

2 comments:

  1. GOOD LUCK!!!! Really hope this comes off for you sweetie! You really deserve a great job with nice people to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I know how long and frustrating the process of looking for a job is and how daunting interviewing is. Like you I was out of work for 18 month when I got my first job in Australia. So it was scary. But I am sure you will find that perfect fit for you. My fingers will be crossed for you! All the best!

    ReplyDelete