Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Day 2

So I drove to work this morning.

I left REALLY early and still got caught in traffic (that was surprising!) and made my way there fine. I took all my exits perfectly and followed Murray's fabulous map that was like 3 feet long - a bunch of pieces of paper taped together. I got there an hour before work started (hey - but it was my first time - I wanted to make sure I had LOTS of time). It was good to be early anyhow since this was my first time working at this work site.

Work was fine - I sat in a meeting and understood SOME of what they were talking about, then I read manuals - fun fun fun! Oh the best part of the day was when the guy on my team noticed I had a Dilbert calender and asked if he could look at some of the cartoons (Murray gave it to me as part of my b-day present) :)

Driving home was ok until I got about half way - then I missed my exit (I saw a sign that was my exit, but then just before the exit the sign changed and I thought that exit would mean I was going the wrong way). SO I didn't take it, then got lost, then ended up in the city - opps! So I ended up just picking Murray up at work and we drove home together.

THIS is the thing that I don't like about driving here - the other side of the road - I am getting used to, the roundabouts - fine, but the fact that if I take a wrong turn - most of the time I cannot easily turn around and get back to where I went wrong is SO frustrating!

Anyhow, I looked at a map and I now know where I went wrong and it won't happen again:) And thankfully tomorrow I am back at the site with Murray so we can drive together whew (i.e. he an drive:)

And our little home made pizza was SOOOOOO fabulous tonight - we were too hungry to take photos! :)

3 comments:

  1. So... you seriously could just write my blogs because this statement:

    "THIS is the thing that I don't like about driving here - the other side of the road - I am getting used to, the roundabouts - fine, but the fact that if I take a wrong turn - most of the time I cannot easily turn around and get back to where I went wrong is SO frustrating!"

    Is the EXACT reason I hate driving here. But now I got my handy GPS so hopefully it will be easier in the future!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a GPS at home on the right side of the road, so don't feel bad. You navigate your way around the world admirably. Miss our daily phone calls. Glad to hear the first day of work is over. Cheers! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our very first Australian purchase was a Tom Tom GPS thing for the car. I seriously could not find my way around without it (even in my own neighborhood). Good for you for making the drive by yourself- and in morning traffic no less. Hope you settle into the job smoothly!

    ReplyDelete