Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Back to the gym!

We joined the gym this week and today was my third day attending. It felt GREAT to be back taking classes - my favourites are body pump (a full body weights routine set to music) and body attack (a high impact aerobics class). I am really sore after not having exercised much in the last few months (we hiked on our trip, so I am counting that as exercise - but this is the first time I have been to a gym since we left London in Sept 07!!!)

I like our new gym. They have branches all over and you can go to any of them - one is close to our place (4 miles or 6.3 km away - I walked back today in 45 minutes), one is near work, and one is on the way home. So hopefully we can make this a regular thing!

Things I Like:
*they gave us a lovely 'welcome' pack of a backpack (that I actually will use - it's a good size), water bottle & hat
*I counted 15 flat screen tv's - now just gotta find my headphones!
*classes classes classes hooray! I love group exercise

Anyhow, other than that I have just been making my way to the beach to read, and making dinner for Murray. This is his first week at work (and my last week before starting work!) and he is starving every night when he gets home (hard to get used to sitting at a desk every day again!)

Tonight I made Lamington cupcakes!!!
Lamingtons are a classic Aussie dessert - they are sponge cake which is dipped in chocolate and then covered in coconut
Traditionally they are made in cube like shapes - but I like the idea of cupcakes - I think they look kinda cute:)

2 comments:

  1. I have just one thing to say about your delicious looking cupcakes - JULY 14!!!

    And why hasn't anyone in this country migrated from cubes to cupcakes yet? It seems really obvious now! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm I think you are going to have to make those when you come- they look AMAZING!!!! Hope your first day @ work was good!!
    - Jolie

    ReplyDelete